Proper office cleaning techniques can have a huge impact on productivity. On average, employees lose nine days of work every year due to sickness. In addition, consider the days people are feeling drained and starting to get sick, but still come to work.
Some of this can definitely be avoided by making sure the office cleaning staff know where to clean and use Eco-friendly cleaning materials.
- A typical office keyboard is a great place for bacteria to grow and propagate. Studies have shown that a computer keyboard can carry up to 7,500 bacteria at any given time.
- Viruses such as the flu can linger on unclean surfaces such as work desks, door knobs, photocopiers and other shared electronic equipment for 24 hours.
- 60% of absences from work illnesses are contracted from dirty equipment in the office such as e-coli, staph and bacteria.
- A whopping 25,127 germs per square inch found on just a telephone.
The Unseen But Real Benefit Of A Clean Office Environment
Employees in a clean working environment are naturally likely to be happier than those in untidy environments. You can’t measure it, but you know it’s real: employees who are happy in their work are likely to get more done than those who dislike their job. A smelly, unclean office environment can contribute to a feeling of tension among employees. A spick and span office environment can go a long way to keeping people feeling more relaxed, focused and positive.
Provide Better Business Environment through Improved Air Quality
The joy of clean, fresh smelling air in the office environment can’t be overstated. People naturally feel more alert and focused.
Cleaner air at your business can create a safer, more enjoyable work environment for your employees and a superior experience for your customers.
Fresh, clean air has been shown to boost workplace productivity by as much as 10%.
Green building owners can promote these and other environmental benefits to prospective tenants to add value to real estate.
Cleaner air created by carpet cleaning, floor cleaning, furniture cleaning as well as surface cleaning where people aggregate can improve air quality by as much as 99 percent.
This type of cleaning removes:
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
Studies have shown that these pollutants create a wide variety of unhealthy symptoms that rob people of their health and thus their productivity at work.
Evergreen Building Maintenance provides experienced office cleaning teams who have been trained to use the latest Eco-friendly cleaning products and machinery that help create a healthy environment at work.