The most important part of medical office cleaning is cross-contamination and infection control.
When a patient walks in the door the last thing they want to have happen is cross-contamination from other people’s illnesses.
Make sure your medical office or dental office is cleaned and sterilized without the worry of harmful micro-organisms that can aggravate already weak immune systems.
Cleaning Medical Offices Is A Specialization
The requirements for medical office cleaning services are not the same as for other types of office cleaning.
In order to properly clean a medical office cleaning staff must learn specialized cleaning procedures and medical awareness training that keep everyone safe. In addition to other training all cleaning staff must be trained in:
- “Sharps” handling
- Different types of sharps disposal containers and how to operate them safely
- Awareness of bloodborne pathogens and related disposal systems and containers
- How to handle infectious waste disposal equipment
Medical Office Cleaning Checklist
- Cleaning medical offices take a little more time than other types of offices. Make sure your medical office cleaning company has budgeted enough time to do a thorough cleaning.
- There is a difference between disinfecting and sanitizing. It is important to do both on a daily basis for medical office cleaning.
- Some areas of the clinic will need extra thorough disinfecting. Go over these areas when discussing your cleaning needs with the manager of the cleaning team as well as the cleaners themselves when they first get started. The last thing you need is for your patients to get infected.
- There are different types of trash cans and each needs to be handled in the appropriate way. Some can just be emptied the normal way while others will need to be disinfected each time they are emptied.
- Waiting rooms are a breeding ground for germs and bacteria. This high traffic area needs to be cleaned regularly…more than once every day, in some medical office cleaning cases.
- Furniture must be thoroughly cleaned daily.
- Don’t forget that people drop things and put their bags on the floor and under the furniture. The floor around the furniture is especially prone to dirt and infection-causing micro-organisms.
- The toilet is the most infectious place in the medical clinic. Make sure to budget lots of time for cleaning staff to sanitize, disinfect, and thoroughly SCRUB the inside and outside of the whole toilet, the floor around it, the sink, and all countertops.
- Air duct cleaning is highly essential in a medical clinic. While germs on the floor, walls, and furniture can be cleaned fairly easily, people often forget about the air ducts. Dirt, germs, and bacteria get trapped in the air duct and circulate back out into the room. Make sure to have a proper filtration and cleaning schedule for HVAC systems.
- If you have toys for the kids consider soaking them in a cleaning solution and allowing them to soak for at least 10 minutes, every day.
- All touchpoints need to be sanitized. The main touchpoints like doorknobs, table tops, switches should be sanitized daily.
- Use “green cleaning” products, equipment, and techniques so patients don’t have allergic reactions to cleaning chemicals.
Cleaning medical offices is something that must not be done in a hurry. Frequently touched surfaces must be well cleaned and disinfected to avoid microorganisms growing and transferring from one person to another through such places.
Special attention must also be paid to the kind of products used in cleaning the medical facility. Especially rooms like the doctor’s office, waiting room, restroom, and other common rooms.
Evergreen Building Maintenance has several professional cleaning teams that have experience in medical office cleaning. Give us a call for a quote. We’ll work with the specific needs of your medical clinic to keep your staff and patients safe.
Our Experience In Medical Care Facility Cleaning Includes:
- Medical offices
- Dental office cleaning
- Cleaning for elderly care facility
- Senior’s health center
- Medical clinic
- Retirement home cleaning
- Massage clinic cleaning
- Medical spa cleaning
- Other professional office cleaning