How Not To Hire The Wrong Commercial Office Cleaning Company
You want to hire the best commercial cleaning service, but how do you separate fact from fiction in the selection process?
We know it doesn’t cost much for a startup office cleaning company to get into the business and say they offer commercial office cleaning services. Because of this, hundreds of new cleaning companies claim to offer “professional” commercial janitorial services. That’s nice for them, but you need a reliable commercial office cleaning company that can deliver a high standard of cleaning consistently and reliably.
A fly-by-night operation can cause big problems for you in terms of safety, security and cost management. They are often willing to provide a low bid and even work hard to fulfill your requirements. But you don’t get experience and expertise overnight. It takes time to learn how to do the job right.
The problem is, these same people are willing to stretch the truth and even fabricate “facts” in order to get the contract…potentially creating big problems for you and your company.
Cutting Through The Hype Of A Commercial Office Cleaning Company In The Bidding Process
So, what do you look for, so you can tell the difference between a legitimate, professional commercial office cleaning company and one that is going to cause problems for you? Here are some simple questions to ask yourself:
- Does the prospective commercial office cleaning company have references from companies similar to yours from the past and currently active? If a company is used to smaller contracts, they will not know what to do in your company. If they are used to larger contracts, they may not give enough importance to your company to provide a good service.
- Does their quote provide enough details to show they understand the expenses they are going to encounter in providing commercial cleaning services for your facility?
- Did they clearly show how they came up with the price? If they didn’t, are they going to surprise you with additional costs after they get started and realize they didn’t consider everything in their quote?
- Does the potential commercial cleaning services screen their employees on a regular basis for drugs and security issues? Are their security clearance papers up-to-date?
- Take time to meet the person who is actually going to oversee work in your facility and interview him / her.
- Does the commercial janitorial services company have at least five million dollar umbrella insurance to cover any excessive claims?
- Do they have documents they use for training that they can show you? If they are a small commercial office cleaning company, they won’t have the policies, procedures and training systems in place to be able to provide competent cleaning personnel on an ongoing basis. Plus, the level of cleaning you get will not be consistent and is cause many headaches for you in terms of complaints from your staff or customers.
- Does a human being answer the phone when you call their office? Having a human being answer the phone can be an indicator that the company will take the time to address your needs quickly and efficiently instead of resorting to bureaucracy when you want to get something done.
- Are their safety training systems documented?
Asking these questions will help you get insight into whether or not you are dealing with an established, professional commercial office cleaning company.
Evergreen Building Maintenance has been in the commercial cleaning business for over 30 years. They have seen many fly-by-night operators come and go…and in many cases, they have been brought in to clean up the mess created by unprofessional operators.