The right retail store cleaning and janitorial services company can make a real difference in the success of your retail business.
If you’re imagining your staff happily whistling as they clean toilets, polish sinks, polish floors, and mop the floors in your store’s restrooms, think again… You already know it’s not going to happen at the level a dedicated team of professional cleaners can do it.
As you strive to operate a profitable business, I know you have thought long and hard about providing excellent service and competitive costs.
What about the appearance of the physical premises of your business? Yes, your logo and business cards are important, but how much of an impact do you think your storefront has on your customer’s decision to walk into your store?
Once in the store, will customers stay long enough to make a purchase? Or will they quickly leave because there is dirt on the shelves, displays, and a bad smell in the store?
Do Customers Notice (or Care) if Your Storefront Is Dirty?
When a potential customer who has never heard of your company walks by your storefront, you want them to walk inside and be wowed by the presentation of your merchandise and awesome products.
However, you’ll never get a chance to make a sale if you can’t get new customers through the door.
And you’ll never get a sale if the customer is turned off by dust, grime, and litter all over the store.
So How Do You Go About Getting New Customers To Enter Your Building?
It starts with creating a clean storefront.
- A massive 95% of shoppers say exterior appearance influences where they decide to shop.
- More than two-thirds of consumers say they’ve decided not to enter a particular business because its exterior appearance was unappealing for some reason.
- 52% of consumers have avoided a business purely because the storefront was dirty.
Almost 80% of shoppers say they’re willing to try out new places, and most have purchased from a business outside their typical circle in the past six months.
If you fail to continually satisfy your customers with good service, organization and cleanliness, they probably won’t hesitate to look elsewhere.
Clean Washrooms – The Secret To Repeat Business
A whopping 95% of customers say that the level of cleanliness the washroom in a retail location is a make-or-break factor on whether they will visit the store again.
When a customer walks into your washroom will they be greeted with a fresh-smelling, clean environment with no dust or dirt in the corners, around the sink or around the toilet?
Based on studies, when a customer sees a barely-clean, or worse yet, a dirty, smelly washroom, it could well be the last time they visit your store.
This is especially true for female clients, but many men feel the same way.
A Professional Retail Store Cleaning And Janitorial Services Company Specializes In Solving These Problems
A professional retail store cleaning and janitorial service has the right tools to produce a superior result…a sparkling clean retail environment.
Be careful to choose a company that trains its staff on a regular basis. Technologies and cleaning products are constantly evolving. You need a janitorial company that is willing and able to provide the best retail cleaning possible by using the latest knowledge in the commercial cleaning business.
A dedicated retail store cleaning and janitorial services company will make sure your customers are not driven away by dirty floors or memorable washrooms.
When you hire a company that has experienced retail store cleaning crews they will have your washrooms sparkling clean and sanitized, your entryway floors and windows will be shiny clean. They will even clean up things that you never even thought of like dirt pockets in corners and around door frames.
Retail Store Cleaning Can Be Dangerous
In the process of getting clean and shiny floors during customer hours, the floors can get pretty wet and slippery. This creates many opportunities for your staff and customers to lose their footing and cause damage to themselves, others or even the store.
Proper safety training is necessary when working around customers and staff. Be sure to hire a retail store cleaning and janitorial services provider that is aware of potential problems and knows how to handle them.
In addition to having procedures to handle safety concerns, check that the retail janitorial company has the right kind and amount of insurance… just in case a situation develops into expensive medical and legal bills.
Professional Retail Cleaning Requires Variety of Services
The cleaning needs of every business are different. In addition to dusting, vacuuming and cleaning washrooms, a retail business can require many other types of services including power/pressure cleaning, special event cleaning, and more.
Each type of cleaning requires specialized cleaning equipment and the trained personnel to use them properly… without causing damage and wasting resources.
Professional cleaning companies offer customized cleaning options to meet your retail store’s specific cleaning requirements.
Customized Cleaning Solutions For Retail Stores
For retail environments, impressions matter. Customers choose to spend their time and money in places that are appealing and welcoming. What if you had a service partner whose goal was to make that first impression a good one? And a lasting one?
Evergreen Building Maintenance provides custom retail store cleaning and janitorial services to manage janitorial solutions all kinds of large and small clients that enhance the customer’s experience.
A typical retail cleaning contract can include
- Cleaning of hard floor surfaces and carpets
- Thorough disinfection of restrooms
- Cleaning and disinfection of change rooms
- Periodic disinfection of popular touch points in the store
- Interior and exterior window cleaning services
- Stripping, waxing, polishing and buffing of floors
- Dusting and cleaning of surfaces and lighting fixtures
Washroom Cleaning Services Can Include
- A thorough dusting of all surfaces
- Disinfecting all touch points including light switches and door handles
- Cleaning around faucets and the base of toilet and urinal areas
Comprehensive Cleaning Program Can Include
- Cleaning of employee break rooms or kitchens
- Sweeping and mopping of hard surface floors
- Vacuuming of the carpet
- Emptying trash
- Carpet Cleaning
- Power washing
- Tile and grout cleaning
- Hard surface floor cleaning
- Furniture and upholstery cleaning
- Window washing
- Power washing
Retail and commercial cleaning and maintenance includes but is surely not limited to the following
- Clean & polish entry handles, sills, doorplates, and metal trim
- Clean glass, windows, wood or metal doors, and doorjambs
- Cleaning and sanitizing water fountains
- Complete floor care, stripping, sealing, waxing and burnishing
- Dust & clean baseboards, ledges and exit signs
- Empty ashtrays, clean sand urns, fill sand as needed
- Parking lot sweeping and pressure washing
- Remove debris from landscape pots and planters, take trash to bins
- Reporting and replacing burned out lights
- Restroom cleaning and sanitization
- Spot cleaning and vacuuming carpets
- Sweep, dust, and damp mop all floors, entrances, elevators, stairways
- Food Court and commercial office cleaning
Event Cleaning In Retail Environments Can Include
- Grand Openings
- Construction Clean-Ups
- Store Closings At Odd Hours
- Final Clean-Ups After The Event
An excellent first impression is crucial for a retail business. By hiring a commercial cleaning company that specializes in a retail store or retail shopping mall cleaning services, retail store owners can boost their store’s appearance and increase their revenues.
Evergreen has been offering superior and affordable retail store cleaning and janitorial services for over 30 years.