It is better to somehow figure out if you are hiring the right commercial cleaning company before you sign the contract. Here are some ways you can screen out the janitorial sservices cleaning companies that don’t have the experience and expertise to handle the job.
Does Your Janitorial Cleaning Services Company Offer A Clear, Detailed, Transparent Quote?
Are there signs of integrity – upfront? If a janitorial company just gives you a round number for a quote, do they really know what they are quoting? How will you be able to compare their quote with other quotes you may be getting? If a janitorial services company does not give you a detailed pricing quote, you should consider that they are not being totally up front with you.
On the other hand, when a commercial janitorial service does give you a detailed cleaning quote with meaningful, transparent breakdowns of their pricing they are saying they have confidence in their ability to deliver what they promise. Since you have detailed breakdowns of what they will do you have the ability to hold them accountable. Many companies that don’t have enough experience to handle the job will provide you with a quote, but only a true professional will know the details of what they are getting into.
Look for a commercial janitorial services company that has the proven experience to provide the quality you need to deliver to your staff, tenants, and management. Only an experienced company can deliver a clearly outlined, detailed, meaningful janitorial services quote.
Do They Have A High Number Of Long-Term Commercial Cleaning Employees?
When a commercial janitorial service company has a high turnover of employees it can increase your costs and even put your security at risk. If you keep seeing new faces access your facility, how can you keep track of who is actually supposed to be there?
New people need to be trained to do their job quickly and efficiently. A large turnover of employees means a lot of the time that they should be doing their job is spent learning the ropes. They spend more time doing the work, making mistakes and missing things, then going back to do it again. This increases costs for your janitorial cleaning services company…which in turn, increases your costs. Excessive turnover can reduce the value that you are getting from your commercial cleaning company.
When your janitorial company has a consistent set of employees cleaning your building they get used to their responsibilities and do a more thorough job in less time. Things don’t get damaged and fewer materials are wasted.
Look for a commercial janitorial services company that can provide cleaning staff that sticks around for the long term.
Commercial Janitorial Company Industry Certifications
Commercial cleaning services certifications mean the company has met a stringent set of requirements that is required to provide a high level of janitorial cleaning services.
When selecting a commercial cleaning company, make sure they have the certifications required to do all the things they will need to do in your facility.
Evergreen Building Maintenance is proud to have qualified for the following certifications:
- IICRC Carpet Cleaning Certification – The IICRC certifies and develops certifications and standards for inspection, cleaning, and restoration.
- Ultra-Chem Carpet Cleaning Certification – The CRI Seal of Approval program identifies effective carpet cleaning solutions and equipment that clean carpet right the first time and protect a facility’s carpet investment.
- Building Service Worker Certificate – The course uses a combination of classroom instruction and practical hands-on experience to train students in:
Developing Professional Skills
Chemistry of Cleaning
Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
Complete Floor Care
Special Area and Project Cleaning
Industrial Kitchen Cleaning
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information (WHMIS) Certification – This program provides the working knowledge required to qualify as a building service worker.
- Green Seal Certification – Green Seal provides science-based environmental certification standards that are credible, transparent and essential to helping manufacturers, purchasers and consumers make responsible choices that positively impact business behavior and improve quality of life.